I love beauty, but sometimes, like with everything else, it can be so frustrating when things don’t go your way. I’ve put together a tongue-in-cheek list of all the problems that have probably plagued us all at one point or another.
1. Body scrubs — no matter how carefully you rinse, exfoliating grains always find their way in between your butt cheeks.
2. Smudging your nail polish after you’ve convinced yourself it’s dry and you can do stuff again.
3. Shaving. Too poor (and too lazy) for other hair removal methods, but damn, that regrowth is not pretty.
4. Getting one eyeliner flick on point, while the other one looks like a child drew it on with a whiteboard marker.
5. Eyebrows. Why do they grow in completely different shapes?
6. Having one perfectly sculpted cheekbone, and one that looks like you smeared dirt all over it.
7. Basically, why isn’t my face symmetrical?
8. When your make-up looks pretty and polished in real life, but makes you look like a clown in photographs.
9. Or vice versa.
10. Losing that one lipstick you’ve had for ages and never wear, but you’ve convinced yourself that you might neeeeed one day. Misplacing it is a blessing in disguise, but it feels like a death in the family.
11. Putting body lotion on your back — there’s always one patch which gets neglected.
12. Shedding a tonne of hair in the shower and convincing yourself you have alopecia — it’s the only logical explanation.
13. When you try to apply gradual tan to your legs and you end up with a misshapen orange patch on your forearm… and nothing to show for it on your legs.
14. High street testers. You’ve gotta swatch before you buy, but who knows who’s stuck their grubby little paws in that pan.
15. Applying mascara, getting fabulously fluttery lashes… and then sneezing. Sigh.
Can you relate to any of these? Is there anything you’d add to the list? Let me know in the comments.