I am a hoarder.
I’d love to be one of those people who keeps everything really minimal and uncluttered, but I’m not.
I’ve always found it difficult to throw things away because I think ‘What if?’ ‘I could use it for…’ ‘I used to love that..’ and then it always gets thrown in a box under the bed, and only comes out when I attempt my next clear-out.
But my everyday stuff? Well, that takes pride of place. So when the lovely people at MakeSpace asked me if I wanted to share my storage solutions, I thought, why not?
(MakeSpace do the whole storage thing for you, which I think is an excellent idea. Do people know if there are any similar companies in the UK?)
Contents: My Face
Most of my make-up lives in a small box under the bed but I keep my everyday stuff close to hand. I get up at 5:30am during the week and I really don’t think properly at that time so day — who does?! — so I like everything to be where I can just grab it and go.
All, that is, except my everyday lipstick, Charlotte Tilbury Bitch Perfect, which lives in my bag so I can apply it on the train — when I remember. There’s been many a time when I’ve rocked up to the office wearing a full face of make-up and bare lips. Lovely.
(Btw I got the make-up bag from Waldo Pancake years ago and it remains one of my favourite things! It’s incredibly sturdy and I do love a sassy caption.)
In my everyday make-up bag:
- Soap & Glory Sunshield Superfluid
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Foundation in 0.5
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral
- NYX Lush Lashes Mascara XXL
- NYX Tame & Frame Brow Pomade in 03 Brunette
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love
- theBalm Schwing Liquid Liner
- Pixi Eye Pencil in Graphic Griege*
- NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Lace Detail
In The Bathroom
My skincare and some of my shower products are all shoved in a box, which was actually my mother’s excellent idea (she got sick of seeing my stuff strewn everywhere, and to be honest I can’t blame her). I basically just chuck everything in there without a thought, so about once a week or so I reorganise it all and make sure that whatever I have is still being used.
Everyday bathroom favourites:
- Avril Body Oil*
- Superdrug Nail Polish Remover
- Soap & Glory Hand Food
- Soap & Glory Flake Away
- Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist*
- Antipodes Juliet Brightening Gel Cleanser
- Pixi Glow Tonic To-Go*
- Avril Organic Deodorant*
- Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask*
- LUSH Greased Lightning
- Yes To Cucumber Moisturiser
- Superdrug Contact Lense Fluid
- Laidbare Eye Cream*
- Antipodes Eye Cream*
- LUSH Ultrabland
How do you store your stash? Are you a hoarder like me? Let me know in the comments!