Welcome to my new Cruelty-Free Updates series!
As promised, I’ll be doing my best to bring you cruelty-free news at the end of every month. I’ve been making a note of the stories I’ve seen so that you can find them in one handy place — feel free to tweet me if you think I’ve missed something important or you’d like to see a specific topic addressed.
I’ll also be sharing the love and linking to my favourite blog posts, because I read a lot of them that make me laugh, or make me nod along in agreement, or make me reevaluate, plus who doesn’t love a good read? Enjoy, and feel free to link to your own posts or recommendations in the comments.
Smashbox and Marc Jacobs Beauty Are Finally Cruelty-Free!
Tashina from Logical Harmony (a must-read if you’re interested in cruelty-free life) recently announced that Smashbox Cosmetics and Marc Jacobs Beauty have finally made it onto her cruelty-free brands list. This is such exciting news — both brands are huge so hopefully others will see the steps they’ve taken and the demand for cruelty-free products, and follow suit.
Barry M’s New Cruelty-Free Logo
In honour of Easter, Barry M revealed their new cruelty-free bunny logo.
Lily Lolo Add Skincare to Their Range
- Key ingredients are argan oil and jojoba oil
- The day cream contains rose geranium oil and vitamin E
- The night cream contains rose geranium oil and lavender
- Both products cost £20 each
- You can buy samples for £1 each if you’d prefer
- Both products are suitable for vegans
My new favourite high street skincare brand, Sukin, is now available to buy at LoveLula and Boots! I’ve been testing out some products over the past couple of months and absolutely love them, so expect them to pop up in a couple of posts soon. (You can read my cleanser reviews here.)
LoveLula Launch Walden
Online cruelty-free store LoveLula released their own perfume collection at the beginning of April. Walden Natural Perfumes is named after and inspired by the novel Walden, by Henry David Thoreau. There are five perfumes in total and one of them, A Little Star-Dust, was a finalist in the Best Natural Product Category at the 2017 Natural & Organic Products Europe trade fair.
Vegetarian Week is on 15th-21st May and all my posts that week will be focused on vegetarian life. I have a rough idea of what I want to write about but please let me know if there’s anything you think would be useful and/or interesting!
Blog Posts I Loved
- Marc explains why more men should be open to learning about periods.
- Steph talks about how she learned to love herself.
- Katy shares 10 good things in a lovely Happy Monday post.
- Evelyn has a handy guide to make-up expiry dates.
- Bianca lists 10 reasons to eat more plants.
- Vix draws attention to stealthing during sex and why it’s never okay.
- Nadia shares four easy ways to have a less wasteful make-up routine.
How was April for you? And how do you feel about this month’s cruelty-free news? Let me know in the comments!
You Might Also Like
Beth, 26, South East England.
Lover of books, dogs, yoga, travelling, and gin.
I write about ethical & eco-friendly living, minimalism, and mental health, as I muddle through one step at a time. Enjoy!