My name is Beth, I’m 24, and I was born and raised in Kent. I’m your average twenty-something—muddling through, trying to make the most of things—who believes we can all do something to live a more ethical, sustainable life. Everyone has to start somewhere, and that’s where this blog comes in.
Toasty is for those who want to live a more ethical life, but don’t know where to start. Who want to take it one step at a time. Who want to do what they can—but aren’t sure what that is yet.
And it’s also for those who already have an interest in topics like cruelty-free beauty, vegan and vegetarian food, and being low waste. As I’ve learned more, I’ve found that they all seem to connect, which makes sense, since they all involve having compassion for animals, other people and the planet (to varying degrees). I’m still figuring it all out and I’ll be sharing my experiences as I go.
I’m not a fan of the all or nothing approach; I believe in doing what you can, and I believe doing something is better than doing nothing. So no matter what stage you’re at, you’ll always be welcome here.
Toasty has been my friends’ nickname for me since we were at school and it’s just stuck.
After completing a creative writing degree in South Wales and spending some time in Dubai, I’m back in South East England making a living as a writer.
I’m an introvert who loves non-fiction books, naps, travel, raspberry gin, yoga, cooking and eating. I’ve always been a dog person, but I’ve accidentally become the property of a cat, after one of the neighborhood felines chose us as her owners (she brings us mice and everything, which is a sign of true love). I’m a hopeless romantic who’s hopeless with men, and chances are I’ll have no idea what music is popular at the moment because I’m too busy listening to musicals.
Want to get in touch? Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll do my best to reply as soon as I can.
- All the writing on Toasty is my own.
- I don’t accept guest posts.
- All products featured are cruelty free to the best of my knowledge. If you spot a slip-up, please email me, and I’ll sort it out.
- I make a note of whether a product is suitable for vegans where possible — look out for the (v) symbol.
- I buy the products featured on Toasty with my own money, or they’re sent to me for consideration of review. All PR samples are marked with an asterisk (*) and are nofollow links, as per Google’s guidelines. This is non-negotiable.
- I’m happy to accept products to review, providing they’re relevant to the content of Toasty and made by cruelty-free brands. By cruelty free I mean the brand or any third parties do not test on animals, do not test the product ingredients on animals, and do not sell their products in China, where animal testing is mandatory.
- All pictures are mine unless a stock photo is used. This will be noted in the post.